ZAPP SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
ZAPP S.L. AND ZAPP DE COLOMBIA S.A.S AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES (“ZAPP”) IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE LICENSED SOFTWARE TO YOU AS THE INDIVIDUAL, THE COMPANY, OR THE LEGAL ENTITY THAT WILL BE UTILIZING THE LICENSED SOFTWARE (REFERENCED BELOW AS “YOU” OR “YOUR”) ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT (“LICENSE AGREEMENT”). READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE LICENSED SOFTWARE. THIS IS A LEGAL AND ENFORCEABLE CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND ZAPP. BY OPENING THE LICENSED SOFTWARE PACKAGE, BREAKING THE LICENSED SOFTWARE SEAL, CLICKING THE “I AGREE” OR “YES” BUTTON, OR OTHERWISE INDICATING ASSENT ELECTRONICALLY, OR LOADING THE LICENSED SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE USING THE LICENSED SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, CLICK THE “I DO NOT AGREE” OR “NO” BUTTON OR OTHERWISE INDICATE REFUSAL AND MAKE NO FURTHER USE OF THE LICENSED SOFTWARE. UNLESS OTHERWISE DEFINED HEREIN, CAPITALIZED TERMS WILL HAVE THE MEANING GIVEN IN THE “DEFINITIONS” SECTION OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT AND SUCH CAPITALIZED TERMS MAY BE USED IN THE SINGULAR OR IN THE PLURAL, AS THE CONTEXT REQUIRES.
“Content Updates” means content used by certain ZAPP products which is updated from time to time, including but not limited to: updated software catalog examples, updated assignment rules.
“Documentation” means the user documentation ZAPP provides with the Licensed Software.
“License Instrument” means one or more of the following applicable documents which further defines Your license rights to the Licensed Software: a ZAPP license certificate or a similar license document issued by ZAPP, or a written agreement between You and ZAPP, that accompanies, precedes or follows this License Agreement.
“Licensed Software” means the ZAPP software product, in object code form, accompanying this License Agreement, including any Documentation included in, or provided for use with, such software or that accompanies this License Agreement.
“Support Certificate” means the certificate sent by ZAPP confirming Your purchase of the applicable ZAPP maintenance/support for the Licensed Software.
“Upgrade” means any version of the Licensed Software that has been released to the public and which replaces the prior version of the Licensed Software on ZAPP’s price list pursuant to ZAPP’s then-current upgrade policies.
“Use Level” means the license use meter or model (which may include operating system, hardware system, application or machine tier limitations, if applicable) by which ZAPP measures, prices and licenses the right to use the Licensed Software, in effect at the time an order is placed for such Licensed Software, as indicated in this License Agreement and the applicable License Instrument.
- LICENSE GRANT. Subject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this License Agreement, ZAPP grants to You the following rights: (i) a non-exclusive, non-transferable (except as stated otherwise in Section 16.1) license to use the Licensed Software solely in support of Your internal business operations in the quantities and at the Use Levels described in this License Agreement and the applicable License Instrument; and (ii) the right to make a single uninstalled copy of the Licensed Software for archival purposes which You may use and install for disaster-recovery purposes (i.e. where the primary installation of the Licensed Software becomes unavailable for use).
2.1 TERM. The term of the Licensed Software license granted under this License Agreement shall be perpetual (subject to Section 14) unless stated otherwise in Section 17 or unless You have obtained the Licensed Software on a non-perpetual basis, such as, under a subscription or term-based license for the period of time indicated on the applicable License Instrument. If You have obtained the Licensed Software on a non-perpetual basis, Your rights to use such Licensed Software shall end on the applicable end date as indicated on the applicable License Instrument and You shall cease use of the Licensed Software as of such applicable end date.
- LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. You may not, without ZAPP’s prior written consent, conduct, cause or permit the: (i) use, copying, modification, rental, lease, sublease, sublicense, or transfer of the Licensed Software except as expressly provided in this License Agreement; (ii) creation of any derivative works based on the Licensed Software; (iii) reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompiling of the Licensed Software (except that You may decompile the Licensed Software for the purposes of interoperability only to the extent permitted by and subject to strict compliance under applicable law); (iv) use of the Licensed Software in connection with service bureau, facility management, timeshare, service provider or like activity whereby You operate or use the Licensed Software for the benefit of a third party; (v) use of the Licensed Software by any party other than You; (vi) use of a later version of the Licensed Software other than the version that accompanies this License Agreement unless You have separately acquired the right to use such later version through a License Instrument or Support Certificate; nor (vii) use of the Licensed Software above the quantity and Use Level that have been licensed to You under this License Agreement or the applicable License Instrument.
- OWNERSHIP/TITLE. The Licensed Software is the proprietary property of ZAPP or its licensors and is protected by copyright law. ZAPP and its licensors retain any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Licensed Software, including in all copies, improvements, enhancements, modifications and derivative works of the Licensed Software. Your rights to use the Licensed Software shall be limited to those expressly granted in this License Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to You are retained by ZAPP and/or its licensors.
- CONTENT UPDATES. If You purchase a ZAPP maintenance/support offering consisting of or including Content Updates, as indicated on Your Support Certificate, You are granted the right to use, as part of the Licensed Software, such Content Updates as and when they are made generally available to ZAPP’s end user customers who have purchased such maintenance/support offering and for such period of time as indicated on the face of the applicable Support Certificate. This License Agreement does not otherwise permit You to obtain and use Content Updates.
- UPGRADES/CROSS-GRADES. ZAPP reserves the right to require that any upgrades (if any) of the Licensed Software may only be obtained in a quantity equal to the number indicated on the applicable License Instrument. An upgrade to an existing license shall not be deemed to increase the number of licenses which You are authorized to use. Additionally, if You upgrade a Licensed Software license, or purchase a Licensed Software license listed on the applicable License Instrument to cross-grade an existing license (i.e. to increase its functionality, and/or transfer it to a new operating system, hardware tier or licensing meter), then ZAPP issues the applicable Licensed Instrument based on the understanding that You agree to cease using the original license. Any such license upgrade or cross-grade is provided under ZAPP’s policies in effect at the time of order. This License Agreement does not separately license You for additional licenses beyond those which You have purchased, and which have been authorized by ZAPP as indicated on the applicable License Instrument.
- LIMITED WARRANTY.
7.1. MEDIA WARRANTY. If ZAPP provides the Licensed Software to You on tangible media, ZAPP warrants that the magnetic media upon which the Licensed Software is recorded will not be defective under normal use, for a period of ninety (90) days from delivery. ZAPP will replace any defective media returned to ZAPP within the warranty period at no charge to You. The above warranty is inapplicable in the event the Licensed Software media becomes defective due to unauthorized use of the Licensed Software. THE FOREGOING IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ZAPP’S BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY.
7.2. PERFORMANCE WARRANTY. ZAPP warrants that the Licensed Software, as delivered by ZAPP and when used in accordance with the Documentation, will substantially conform to the Documentation for a period of ninety (90) days from delivery. If the Licensed Software does not comply with this warranty and such non-compliance is reported by You to ZAPP within the ninety (90) day warranty period, ZAPP will do one of the following, selected at ZAPP’s reasonable discretion: either (i) repair the Licensed Software, (ii) replace the Licensed Software with software of substantially the same functionality, or (iii) terminate this License Agreement and refund the relevant license fees paid for such non-compliant Licensed Software. The above warranty specifically excludes defects resulting from accident, abuse, unauthorized repair, modifications or enhancements, or misapplication. THE FOREGOING IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ZAPP’S BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE warranties set forth in sections 7.1 and 7.2 are YOUR exclusive warranties AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. ZAPP MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE, CONTENT UPDATES OR UPGRADES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT OPERATION OR USE OF THE LICENSED SOFTWARE, CONTENT UPDATES, AND UPGRADES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER WARRANTY RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, IN NO EVENT WILL ZAPP OR ITS LICENSORS, RESELLERS, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR (i) ANY COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE OR REPLACEMENT GOODS AND SERVICES, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF OR CORRUPTION TO DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PRODUCTION, LOSS OF REVENUES, LOSS OF CONTRACTS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS OR WASTED MANAGEMENT AND STAFF TIME; OR (ii) ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, EVEN IF ZAPP OR ITS LICENSORS, RESELLERS, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS HAS BEEN ADVISED SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT OCCUR. IN NO CASE SHALL ZAPP’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE FEES YOU PAID FOR THE LICENSED SOFTWARE GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL OPERATE SO AS TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ZAPP’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING OUT OF NEGLIGENCE OR FOR ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY LAW. THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU ACCEPT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE, CONTENT UPDATES OR UPGRADES.
- MAINTENANCE/SUPPORT. ZAPP has no obligation under this License Agreement to provide maintenance/support for the Licensed Software. Any maintenance/support purchased for the Licensed Software is subject to ZAPP’s then-current maintenance/support policies.
- SOFTWARE EVALUATION. If the Licensed Software is provided to You for evaluation purposes and You have an evaluation agreement with ZAPP for the Licensed Software, Your rights to evaluate the Licensed Software will be pursuant to the terms of such evaluation agreement. If You do not have an evaluation agreement with ZAPP for the Licensed Software and if You are provided the Licensed Software for evaluation purposes, the following terms and conditions shall apply. ZAPP grants to You a nonexclusive, temporary, royalty-free, non-assignable license to use the Licensed Software solely for internal non-production evaluation. Such evaluation license shall terminate (i) on the end date of the pre-determined evaluation period, if an evaluation period is pre-determined in the Licensed Software or (ii) sixty (60) days from the date of Your initial installation of the Licensed Software, if no such evaluation period is pre-determined in the Licensed Software (“Evaluation Period”). The Licensed Software may not be transferred and is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind. You are solely responsible to take appropriate measures to back up Your system and take other measures to prevent any loss of files or data. The Licensed Software may contain an automatic disabling mechanism that prevents its use after a certain period of time. Upon expiration of the Licensed Software Evaluation Period, You will cease use of the Licensed Software and destroy all copies of the Licensed Software. All other terms and conditions of this License Agreement shall otherwise apply to Your evaluation of the Licensed Software as permitted herein.
- SPANISH GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The Licensed Software is deemed to be a commercial software as defined in the Spanish laws and subject to government restrictions rights.
- EXPORT REGULATION. You acknowledge that the Licensed Software and related technical data and services (collectively “Controlled Technology”) are subject to the import and export laws of Spain and the laws of any country where Controlled Technology is imported or re-exported. You agree to comply with all relevant laws and will not to export any Controlled Technology in contravention with Spanish law nor to any prohibited country, entity or person for which an export license or other governmental approval is required.
- TERMINATION. This License Agreement shall terminate upon Your breach of any term contained herein. Upon termination, You shall immediately stop using and destroy all copies of the Licensed Software.
- SURVIVAL. The following provisions of this License Agreement survive termination of this License Agreement: Definitions, License Restrictions and any other restrictions on use of intellectual property, Ownership/Title, Warranty Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability, Sanish Government Restricted Rights, Export Regulation, Survival, and General.
16.1. ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign the rights granted hereunder or this License Agreement, in whole or in part and whether by operation of contract, law or otherwise, without ZAPP’s prior express written consent.
16.2. COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. You are solely responsible for Your compliance with, and You agree to comply with, all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with Your use of the Licensed Software.
16.3. AUDIT. An auditor, selected by ZAPP and reasonably acceptable to You, may, upon reasonable notice and during normal business hours, but not more often than once each year, inspect Your records and deployment in order to confirm that Your use of the Licensed Software complies with this License Agreement and the applicable License Instrument. ZAPP shall bear the costs of any such audit, except where the audit demonstrates that the Manufacturer’s Suggested Reseller Price (MSRP) value of Your non-compliant usage exceeds five percent (5%) of the MSRP value of Your compliant deployments. In such case, in addition to purchasing appropriate licenses for any over-deployed Licensed Software, You shall reimburse ZAPP for the auditor’s reasonable actual fees for such audit.
16.4. GOVERNING LAW; SEVERABILITY; WAIVER. If You are located in North America or Latin America, this License Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California, United States of America. If You are located in China, this License Agreement will be governed by the laws of the Peoples Republic of China. Otherwise, this License Agreement will be governed by the laws of Spain. Such governing laws are exclusive of any provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for Sale of Goods, including any amendments thereto, and without regard to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this License Agreement is found partly or wholly illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and remaining provisions of this License Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. A waiver of any breach or default under this License Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any other subsequent breach or default.
16.5. THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS. This Licensed Software may contain third party software programs (“Third Party Programs”) that are available under open source or free software licenses. This License Agreement does not alter any rights or obligations You may have under those open source or free software licenses. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in such licenses, the disclaimer of warranties and the limitation of liability provisions in this License Agreement shall apply to such Third Party Programs.
16.6. CUSTOMER SERVICE. Should You have any questions concerning this License Agreement, or if You desire to contact ZAPP for any reason, please write to: ZAPP Calle de Asturias 4 1º C , 28850 TORREJON DE ARDOZ (Madrid) España.
16.7. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This License Agreement and any related License Instrument are the complete and exclusive agreement between You and ZAPP relating to the Licensed Software and supersede any previous or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, and representations with respect to its subject matter. This License Agreement prevails over any conflicting or additional terms of any purchase order, ordering document, acknowledgement or confirmation or other document issued by You, even if signed and returned. This License Agreement may only be modified by a License Instrument that accompanies or follows this License Agreement.